Thank you for choosing Yarborough Mill! We are very honored and excited that you have decided to celebrate your special day here with us. Here are a few items to consider as you make your plans:
Include the address and directions in your invitations (see below). Not all your guests will use GPS. Let your guests know that your wedding will be outdoors. Flats or wedges and are recommended footwear for the ladies.
When setting your ceremony time, consider the time of year, average temperatures for the time of day you want to start the ceremony, as well as daylight savings time. For later weddings, approximately two hours before sunset for your outdoor ceremony is ideal. You and your guests can enjoy the grounds awhile before dark and take advantage of getting great pictures during the” golden hour” prior to sunset. You have 5 hours for your ceremony and reception and must be packed up and off the property by 11:00pm.
We recommend the use of our award-winning catering professionals to service your event. They have been carefully selected for their variety of offerings, exceptional food and service and ability to work with most budgets. If you choose an outside caterer, they must be licensed, insured, and full-service, and be approved at least 90 days in advance.
Licensed bartenders are required if you’re serving alcohol. You can bring in your own, or one can be provided through our catering partners If serving alcohol, host liquor liability must be included on your insurance certificate. See below for links to purchase your liability insurance.
Event Insurance must be purchased and include Host Liquor Liability (if liquor is served), with a minimum limit of $1 million for damage to rental premises, $1million per occurrence and $2million aggregate. In addition, Yarborough Mill Even Group and Karen Llop must both be named as additional insured in the policy. A certificate of the policy must be supplied 21 days prior to the event and cover the entire time renters are on the property. Many online companies provide and specialize this type of insurance (typically not covered by your homeowner’s insurance). Simply click one of the links below to purchase online from one of our providers will have some of the form pre-filled out for you with our requirements already on the certificate. Or choose your own company, but make sure our insurance requirements and limits are on the form.
GETTING READY SUITES
The Bridal Cottage will open at 9:00 am for Saturday weddings and 1:00 pm Sundays, and the Groom’s Loft will be available at 11:00 am when the venue opens on Saturdays and 1:00 pm on Sundays. Both suites will be available up until the beginning of the ceremony. Please remember that both suites will be locked, and all personal items must be removed prior to the ceremony, with the exception of the Bridal Cottage if it has been rented for the night.
SAMPLE FLOOR PLANS (each square is one square foot)
- Seating Plan Layout – 75 guests
- Seating Plan Layout – 100 guests
- Seating Plan Layout – 125 to 150 guests
TABLES AND CHAIRS
- Tables: We have (24) 72″x 30″ rectangular banquet tables, (5) 36″ cocktail rounds
- Chairs: We have (100) wood cross back chairs inside the mill and (150) wood folding chairs for the ceremony area. For larger groups, some of these will be moved inside the mill after the ceremony.
- Other Fixtures: (2) whiskey barrel coolers, (1) metal trough for ice
DIRECTIONS TO YARBOROUGH MILL
710 Yarborough Mill Rd, Fairmount, GA 30139
From Atlanta: Take I-75 north to exit 293, Highway 411. Go right heading north until you get to the town of Fairmount (about 15 minutes). Go left on highway 53, go exactly 4.7 miles, left on Yarborough Mill Road. Go exactly 1.2 miles, to paved driveway on the left (blue dumpster)
From Fairmount: Head west on highway 53, exactly 4.7 miles, turn left on Yarborough Mill Road, go exactly 1.2 miles to paved driveway on the left (blue dumpster)
From Calhoun: From I-75 at exit 312, head east on highway 53 from the interstate and go exactly 8.9 miles. Turn right on Yarborough Mill Road, go exactly 1.2 miles to the paved driveway on the left (blue dumpster)
From Chattanooga: Take I-75 south to exit 312, go left heading east on highway 53, go exactly 8.9 miles. Turn right on Yarborough Mill Road, go exactly 1.2 miles to paved driveway on the left (blue dumpster)
WEDDING DAY INSTRUCTIONS
- Venue opens at 11:00 am for Saturday weddings and 1:00 pm for Sunday weddings. Wedding party may access the property if available Friday afternoon from 3:00pm-6:00 pm for a rehearsal and some set-up (Saturday weddings only). Cottage check-in is at 3:00 pm.
- If the Mill has been rented for you rehearsal dinner (6:00-10:00 pm) we will set up tables and chairs outside (weather permitting) under the string lights. Everything must be cleaned up and cleared out by 10:00 pm.
Unloading and Parking
- Unload at the mill, then move your vehicle. DO NOT LEAVE CARS PARKED IN FRONT OF THE MILL during set-up.
- Please have all guests staying at the cottage, park on the gravel in front of the cottage.
- The parking area is the field behind the barn. Park in the grass forming a line facing (and right up against) the white fence. This will ensure enough parking for your guests once they start arriving later. Do no block the doors of our storage shed.
- No open flame in the Mill. Battery operated candles are OK. Sterno is permitted only by our licensed catering partners. Flammable, combustible and explosive materials are prohibited, including sparklers (unless approved in advance and under the supervision of our professional wedding coordinator).
- Please check with us first to be sure that your send- off will not include materials that are prohibited by law or by YMEG. All materials tossed must be bio-degradable including flower girl and send off materials. No glitter.
Guest Cottage Rentals
- Arrival time is 3:00 pm on Friday and checkout is 10:00 am. For Friday night only rental, check-out is before ceremony start time if it has not been rented for an additional night.
- The house is equipped to sleep 10 in beds, for a maximum occupancy of 10.
- Please ask all guests staying at the cottage to park at the cottage. We have signs that will direct them.
Getting Ready Suites
- The suites are included in your rental and open when the venue opens on your wedding day.
- All people getting ready and/or staying at the cottage, should park at the cottage.
- Maximum guest limit is 10 per suite and for the wedding party and immediate family only.
- All personal items must be removed before ceremony. These suites are closed and locked when the event begins with the exception of the cottage if it has been rented for the night. We cannot be responsible for personal items.
Catering and Clean-up
- Outside caterers must be full service and are expected to clear tables, clean spills as they occur and haul all trash, food and garbage at the end of the night. YMEG IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TRASH REMOVAL. If the outside caterer leaves before the event is over, renter is responsible for removing all trash. Bartenders are responsible for cleaning the bar area and removing all trash. The General Store must be left clean, swept and mopped by the outside caterer.
- All personal items, decorations, gifts, etc., must be removed when the event is over and by 11:00 pm for receptions starting later.
- All rental items must be removed by 10:00 am on Sunday
- Smoking is only allowed in the designated smoking area at the barn. This will be strictly enforced.
Yarborough Mill is an indoor/outdoor venue and can accommodate up to 150 guests. Choose from our list of preferred catering partners who will ensure your event is perfection. A guest cottage is on site and sleeps 10. Just one hour north of Atlanta, and only 10 minutes from I-75, we are close to multiple hotels, some offering shuttle service, with outlet shopping and golf nearby.
Site tours by appointment only. Contact us to schedule a tour.
What Our Guests Say:
“Absolutely loved everything about this venue. Karen was amazing – all of my requests were accommodated! The property looked beautiful.”
– Izaura G.