Wedding Day Instructions
Yarborough Mill Wedding Day Instructions
- Venue opens at 11:00 am for Saturday weddings and 1:00 pm for Sunday weddings. Wedding party may access the property if available Friday afternoon from 3:00pm-6:00 pm for a rehearsal and some set-up (Saturday weddings only). Cottage check-in is at 3:00 pm.
- If the Mill has been rented for you rehearsal dinner (6:00-10:00 pm) we will set up tables and chairs outside (weather permitting) under the string lights. Everything must be cleaned up and cleared out by 10:00 pm.
Unloading and Parking
- Unload at the mill, then move your vehicle. DO NOT LEAVE CARS PARKED IN FRONT OF THE MILL during set-up.
- Please have all guests staying at the cottage, park on the gravel in front of the cottage.
- The parking area is the field behind the barn. Park in the grass forming a line facing (and right up against) the white fence. This will ensure enough parking for your guests once they start arriving later. Do no block the doors of our storage shed.
- No open flame in the Mill. Battery operated candles are OK. Sterno is permitted only by our licensed catering partners. Flammable, combustible and explosive materials are prohibited, including sparklers (unless approved in advance and under the supervision of our professional wedding coordinator).
- Please check with us first to be sure that your send- off will not include materials that are prohibited by law or by YMEG. All materials tossed must be bio-degradable including flower girl and send off materials. No glitter
Guest Cottage Rentals
- Arrival time is 3:00 pm on Friday and checkout is 10:00 am. For Friday night only rental, check-out is before ceremony start time if it has not been rented for an additional night.
- The house is equipped to sleep 10 in beds, for a maximum occupancy of 10.
- Please ask all guests staying at the cottage to park at the cottage. We have signs that will direct them.
Getting Ready Suites
- The suites are included in your rental and open when the venue opens on your wedding day.
- All people getting ready and/or staying at the cottage, should park at the cottage.
- Maximum guest limit is 10 per suite and for the wedding party and immediate family only.
- All personal items must be removed before ceremony. These suites are closed and locked when the event begins with the exception of the cottage if it has been rented for the night. We cannot be responsible for personal items.
Catering and Clean-up
- Outside caterers must be full service and are expected to clear tables, clean spills as they occur and haul all trash, food and garbage at the end of the night. YMEG IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TRASH REMOVAL. If the outside caterer leaves before the event is over, renter is responsible for removing all trash. Bartenders are responsible for cleaning the bar area and removing all trash. The General Store must be left clean, swept and mopped by the outside caterer.
- All personal items, decorations, gifts, etc., must be removed when the event is over and by 11:00 pm for receptions starting later.
- All rental items must be removed by 10:00 am on Sunday
- Smoking is only allowed in the designated smoking area at the barn. This will be strictly enforced.
Yarborough Mill is an indoor/outdoor venue and can accommodate up to 150 guests. Choose from our list of preferred catering partners who will ensure your event is perfection. A guest cottage is on site and sleeps 10. Just one hour north of Atlanta, and only 10 minutes from I-75, we are close to multiple hotels, some offering shuttle service, with outlet shopping and golf nearby.
Site tours by appointment only. Contact us to schedule a tour.
What Our Guests Say:
“Absolutely loved everything about this venue. Karen was amazing – all of my requests were accommodated! The property looked beautiful.”
– Izaura G.