Photography: Ginger Snap Studios
The Ultimate Wedding Day To-Do List
Your big day is all about you – doing what YOU want to make the most of YOUR wedding day. However, among all the hustle and bustle of the big day, there are a lot of things you might forget about. Keep this ultimate wedding day to-do list handy, and check it off as you go along on your wedding day to make sure you don’t have any regrets!
Photography: Ginger Snap Studios
In The Morning
You’ve done it! You’ve made it to your wedding day. Seemed like it would never come, huh? Well, it’s here and there are a few tasks to do this morning so you’re able to make the most of the rest of your day.
- Eat A Good Breakfast – Eating a healthy breakfast that’s low in carbs and sugar, and high in protein will ensure you’ll feel better throughout the day, stay full longer, and won’t get bloated.
- Drink Water – You’ll want to be sure to drink water throughout the day to make sure you stay hydrated as the festivities progress.
- Assign Tasks – Ensure there is someone to sign for flowers, put the cake in the right place, direct the caterers, and more. Having a designated coordinator will ensure your day goes as smoothly as possible.
- Have A Timeline – Having a timeline set beforehand will ensure that all the items on your to-do list get done. You should know when to arrive at the venue, when to begin getting ready, and more. Share your timeline with your photographers, hair stylists, and makeup artists so everyone is on the same page.
Photographer: Rivet Events
Before The Ceremony
If you’re having an evening wedding, you’ll have lots of time before the ceremony. Although, whether it’s in the evening or afternoon, it’s going to come up quickly! To prepare for your ceremony there are a few things you should check off your to-do list.
- Place The Rings – Ensure a responsible friend or family member holds the rings until ceremony time. You don’t necessarily want the ring bearer keeping track of those all day!
- Breathe – Doing some breathing exercises before the ceremony will help to calm your nerves and get you in a good state of mind. Don’t forget to breathe when standing at the altar as well!
- First Look – Whether you’re doing a first look with your dad, bridesmaids, or your future spouse, don’t forget to give yourself plenty of time to do so before the ceremony. First looks are a relatively newer tradition that will give you an intimate moment with those you love before the ceremony.
- Practice Your Vows – If you’re planning to read handwritten vows at the altar, it should go without saying that you’re going to want to practice.
- Try Out Your Shoes – Hopefully, you practiced walking in your ceremony shoes during the rehearsal, but if you didn’t, it’s not too late! Go ahead and practice walking in them now, before the ceremony.
Photography: Cameron Flaisch Photography
During The Reception
You’re married! Now, let’s celebrate! Before you start popping bottles, read through this checklist to ensure you don’t forget these important reception checklist items.
- Take A Minute Alone – After the wedding ceremony, before the reception, take a few minutes as newlyweds to be by yourselves. This is a truly special day and while everyone has come to celebrate with you, it’s always okay to take a minute to celebrate with each other.
- Say Thank You – It’s always nice for your guests to feel appreciated on your wedding day as well, and you’ll want to remember those who helped celebrate this special day. Take a few moments to walk around and speak to everyone and thank them for coming.
- Eat – Yep, all too often the bride and groom don’t actually sit down and eat. Don’t forget to do this! You’ll also want to remember to grab a slice of cake on your wedding day as well! Don’t miss out on the good stuff.
- Get Comfortable – Brides, we know it can be a lot wearing your wedding dress and heels all day. Trust us, no one expects you to be uncomfortable all day long. Change into some flats and even into a different dress or something more casual when it comes time to dance!
- Dance – If you don’t dance on your wedding day, you’re going to regret it. Now, go break it down on the dance floor and make this night one for the books!
Photographer: Andy Baxter Photography
Are you ready to start planning your North Georgia wedding? Contact Yarborough Mill today at https://yarboroughmill.com/contact-us/. We offer venue-only and all-inclusive options, so there’s sure to be a package that fits your wedding day needs. We can also provide more recommendations for wedding planning essentials for your Georgia wedding.
Yarborough Mill is located in Fairmount, Georgia. Our North Georgia barn and farm wedding venue is so gorgeous, you have to come see it in person to really understand all of its natural beauty. Tours of the property are by scheduled appointments only. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with us! wedding day to-do list wedding day to-do list wedding day to-do list wedding day to-do list